Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Starting out
My hopes for this blog are not to talk about things that are definitely true or definitely false but to provide information that makes one think about some of the conventionally or widely held beliefs that we, or a majority of people, assume to be correct. Just as the title insinuates, it will be a place to question beliefs we all have about nutrition; what is healthy, what is unhealthy, how things tie together and relate, and what to eat because after all we have to eat something. Sometimes we are more concerned about performance, or preventing disease, or longevity and we realize that we can't have the best of all worlds so we make compromises in the short term, but hopefully with a mind on the long term. I will be wrong at times and I will miss research but what I hope I can do most of all is get people questioning what their nutritional beliefs are and why they are what they are. Hopefully some will test the information and theories presented, at least with logic if not action, and then comment on their findings or results via the blog. I have a number of topics I already plan on talking about, some of them big picture and some of them much more focused or at the cellular level, but I am definitely willing to write about what others would like to read about. That being said, feel free to offer suggestions about topics you would like discussed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great idea for a blog Chris!
ReplyDeleteI would like to question the idea that there is anything wrong with the brownie sundae that I am consuming at 2pm. It is gluten free, and the ice cream on top is organic coconut ice cream (caramel chocolate chip) so bonus points there... but the real bonus points come from the fact that because I am eating it, and I have a sitter downstairs helping me with Peter so that I can work, are the only things keeping me from climbing to high places with the intention of descending quite rapidly! Plus, the total absence of intention to avoid treats that I want when I want them keeps me from binge eating... Maybe what this amounts to is a kind of behavioral economics/psychology type piece on eating :) forced healthy eating is terrible for you! :)
I like Ashley's fodder for articles. I think that you should touch on WHY people have such a hard time following and executing a nutritional plan and give actionable steps to operate in a world of abundance and pitfalls all around.
ReplyDeleteWe've also talked about binge eating and how to do it right - eating the 'real thing' versus some cheap substitute - and doing so intermittently rather than chronically. All good stuff.